The Department of Oral and Dental Health is a department that aims to train “dental technicians” who arrange the materials that a dentist may need while performing various procedures. It is one of the rare departments where you can easily get a job, although you can find the opportunity to work in certain places. Departmental courses etc. If you want to have detailed information about the subjects, you can continue reading our article.
What is the Department of Oral and Dental Health?
It is an associate degree program and its purpose is to train people who will help the dentist with whom he will work in the preparation of various materials (such as braces, fillings). It is one of the most preferred health departments today.
How Many Years is the Education Period of the Department of Oral and Dental Health?
Since the Department of Oral and Dental Health is an associate degree program, the education period is 2 years. Students can graduate when they meet the required graduation and the requirement of 120 ECTS.
What are the Courses of the Department of Oral and Dental Health?
Students who will study in this department are responsible for the following courses for 4 semesters:
● Dental Anatomy and Morphology,
● Basic Microbiology,
● Introduction to Oral and Dental Health,
● Dental Substances and Instrument Knowledge,
● Oral, Dental, Maxillofacial Surgery,
● Sterilization Principles and Methods,
● Oral, Dental, Maxillofacial Radiology and Prevention Methods,
● Dentistry Clinic Assistant,
● Preventive Dentistry,
● Exam Management and Patient Registration
What Do Oral and Dental Health Graduates Do?
Oral and Dental Health graduates work as assistants to dentists in state and city hospitals. They can work in private hospitals and clinics with the title of “dental technician”.
What are the Other Duties of the Graduates of the Oral and Dental Health Department?
● The physician takes the necessary measurements according to the patient’s oral structure, while the dental technician prepares or ensures the preparation of the prosthesis, braces and other similar materials according to the measurements taken.
● They assist physicians during the treatment of patients. They are obliged to fulfill the duties and services given by the dentists.
● They are responsible for keeping the tools and equipment delivered to them and prevent any waste of them.
● They collect the medical tools and equipment used in Oral and Dental Health centers and perform or ensure the sterilization and disinfection processes in order to reduce the risk of infection.
● It ensures the distribution of sterilized medical tools and equipment for use in clinics.
● It ensures the cleanliness and order of the unit it works in.
● Performs other duties related to the field of duty assigned by the senior management.
● It ensures that household and medical wastes are separated and disposed of.
How Much Salary Do Oral and Dental Health Graduates Get?
One of the issues that people who want to be an oral and dental health technician are wondering is how much salary people in this profession will get. Considering that people want to have a job where they can earn money, this department has a pretty good salary. Department graduates working in oral and dental health centers can get very good salaries. However, the salaries of people working in private hospitals or laboratories may vary.
What are the Job Opportunities of the Oral and Dental Health Department?
Graduates of the department have the chance to work in both the private sector and government institutions. It is one of the departments with a high chance of being appointed to the KPSS exam. If we list the main places, people with the title of dental technician have the chance to find a job in the following places.
● Oral and dental health centers,
● State hospitals,
● University hospitals affiliated to universities,
● Training and research hospitals,
● Private hospitals,
● Dental prosthesis laboratories
● Private clinics
What is the Future of Oral and Dental Health Department?
It is one of the departments where you are more likely to find a job compared to a department that has the opportunity to work in certain places. With the increasing number of clinics, the number of personnel to assist the dentist has also increased. In a way, we can say that these two professions go hand in hand. There is no doubt that the future of this highly popular episode will be bright and popular!
All other university departments can be found here