Science fiction series are productions that do not lose their popularity no matter how much time passes. Because science fiction is a genre that directly appeals to our imagination. When this is the case, science fiction series helps us to get rid of the reality of life and open doors to different worlds. In this content, we have brought together the 30 most gripping science fiction series for you. If you’re ready, let’s take a closer look at our list of the best sci-fi series of favorite productions.
1) Into the Night (2020) | IMDb: 7.1
- Duration: Average 40 minutes – 1 season 12 episodes
- Cast: Pauline Etienne, Laurent Capelluto, Mehmet Kurtuluş
Among the science fiction series, Into the Night, which has been published recently, seems to have met the expectations. Into the Night takes place in a universe where the sun can pose a danger to society. For an inexplicable reason, the sun is starting to pose a danger to all living things. The series is about a man who tries to stay in the dark in order to survive. Our main character, who wants to reach the dark areas before sunrise, wants the plane that takes off from Brussels to go to the west.
2) The Gifted (2017) | IMDb: 7.3
- Duration: Average 43 minutes – 2 seasons 16 episodes
- Cast: Stephen Moyer, Amy Acker, Sean Teale
X-Men the universe The series, which is about the subject, will meet you with a family that seems quite ordinary at first. Things get messy when a suburban family learns that their child has mutant powers. The series takes place in a time when the X-Men family is not around. No matter what period the superhero series takes place, it can always arouse curiosity for its fans.
3) Glitch (2015) | IMDb: 7.3
- Duration: Average 45 minutes – 3 seasons, 16 episodes
- Cast: Patrick Brammall, Emma Booth, Sean Keenan
As things go on in a small town, a tip-off surprises a police officer. Among the people, 7 people who died in different times and places mysteriously rise from their graves. These strangers, who seem to have never died before, shock the police officer and the doctor next to him.
4) Heroes (2006) | IMDb: 7.5
- Duration: Average 45 minutes – 4 seasons 78 episodes
- Cast: Jack Coleman, Hayden Panettiere, Milo Ventimiglia
Heroes is the story of people who have different supernatural powers and have yet to discover it. Encountering for the first time with the powers that they cannot control, these people will learn to accept, use and keep their power under control over time.
5) Agents of SHIELD (2013) | IMDb: 7.5
- Duration: Average 45 minutes – 7 seasons 136 episodes
- Cast: Clark Gregg, Ming-Na Wen, Brett Dalton
We came to that series that Marvel lovers usually do not watch. Aside from the interest of the fans of the series, it is also said that there are inadequacies. Agent Coulson, whom we are familiar with from the Avengers movie, is building a special team against extraordinary events. This small team, created to save the world, will face many events. While you are in a team, you will witness what it looks like from the outside to cooperate…
6) See (2019) | IMDb: 7.6
- Duration: Average 60 minutes – 2 seasons, 16 episodes
- Cast: Jason Momoa, Sylvia Hoeks, Hera Hilmar
In the future-themed series, it is shown years from the present. An epidemic is emerging that started in the world and killed almost the entire population. This epidemic is prolonging what it cannot kill. The side effect of the epidemic on everyone; permanent blindness. It is a work where you can see the perspectives of the people who were left behind with the end of the world population and the way they adapted to life. Jason Momoa, who you will remember from the Aquaman movie, is in the lead role of the series.
7) The 100 (2014) – IMDb: 7.6
- Duration: Average 43 minutes – 7 seasons, 100 episodes
- Cast: Eliza Taylor, Bob Morley, Marie Avgeropoulos
As a result of the nuclear war that took place 97 years ago, all humanity would perish. People in 12 different nations who survived outside the system leave Earth and stay in space. After a long time, 3 generations are born and grow in space. Strict rules are established taking into account the increasing population. However, the inadequacy of this method causes the founders to search again. 100 young people who are considered to be ‘convicts’ in space will be sent to the world in order to measure whether the world is safe or not.
8) The OA (2016) | IMDb: 7.8
- Duration: Average 45 minutes – 2 seasons, 16 episodes
- Cast: Brit Marling, Jason Isaacs, Scott Wilson
The OA brings us various inquiries into the reality beyond death. The series begins with the disappearance of a young woman named Prairie Johnson. The interesting thing about this disappearance is that the young woman is visually impaired. Prairie, who has not been heard for 7 years, appears unexpectedly.
Prairie, who was blind at the time of her disappearance, returns with her eyesight fully restored. The reason for this is of course a matter of curiosity. You will witness the young woman’s past experiences. At the same time, you will be surprised by Prairie’s experiences between the present, the past and the future.
9) Humans (2015) | IMDb: 8.0
- Duration: Average 42 minutes – 3 seasons and 24 episodes
- Cast: Katherine Parkinson, Gemma Chan, Lucy Charless
Human-looking robots… As intimidating as it is, it’s a prediction known years ago. In the series, robots are created to relieve the difficulties people experience. We know that robots cannot have any emotional function. So does this apply to all?
10) The Man in the High Castle (2015) | IMDb: 8.0
- Duration: Average 60 minutes – 4 seasons 40 episodes
- Cast: Alexa Davalos, Luke Kleintank, Rufus Sewell
What would the world be like if the opposite of what is known in history had happened? In the series, there is an event that will serve as an example to this situation. Contrary to popular belief, there is talk of a time when the Nazis won the Second World War. The situation in America as a result of the Nazis winning the war is revealed.
11) The Umbrella Academy (2019) | IMDb: 8.0
- Duration: Average 60 minutes – 2 seasons 20 episodes
- Cast: Elliot Page, Tom Hopper, Robert Sheehan
The Umbrella Academy , a superhero series, attracted a lot of attention when it was released. Although 43 women are not pregnant, they give birth at the same time in different places. Only 7 of the children born are reached. These children, who have more special powers than other children, are sent to a superhero school called The Umbrella Academy.
12) The Orville (2017) | IMDb: 8.0
- Duration: Average 44 minutes – 2 seasons 26 episodes
- Cast: Seth Macfarlane, Adrianne Palicki, Penny Johnson Jerald
The series takes place 300 years from the present. Our lead character is offered the captaincy of the expedition ship ‘ The Orville ‘. Our character, who has various falls in his life, soon accepts the offer. Many interesting events in the depths of space are waiting for you!
13) Stargate: Atlantis (2004) | IMDb: 8.1
- Duration: Average 44 minutes – 5 seasons 99 episodes
- Cast: Joe Flanigan, Rachel Luttrell, David Hewlett
Stargate is one of the best examples of the science fiction genre. The movie, which is in constant competition with Star Wars, has many sequels. Stargate: Atlantis is one of these series. In the series, a group of scientists discover the location of the lost city of Atlantis. But Atlantis does not exist on earth. This lost city is located in a completely different galaxy called Pegasus.
14) Travellers (2016) | IMDb: 8.1
- Duration: Average 45 minutes – 3 seasons 34 episodes
- Cast: Eric McCormack, MacKenzie Porter, Nesta Cooper
Travellers , a future series, takes place years and years from the present. In the future, it seems that the apocalypse is approaching. Just in time for humanity to perish, a group of teenagers discover a time machine. It is now their duty to go back to the past and prevent the apocalypse…
15) Altered Carbon (2018) | IMDb: 8.1
- Duration: Average 60 minutes – 2 seasons, 18 episodes
- Cast: Chris Conner, Renée Elise Goldsberry, Dichen Lachman
Adapted from Richard K. Morgan’s novel of the same name, Altered Carbon takes place in a universe that will allow people to change souls and alternate wanderings between bodies. In this world, where everything is possible, from an inter-conscious journey, you will watch Takeshi, who was imprisoned in consciousness, come back to life and follow the difficult process…
16) Watchmen (2019) | IMDb: 8.2
- Duration: Average 60 minutes – 1 season 9 episodes
- Cast: Regina King, Yahya Abdul-Mateen, Tom Mison
In the series, which develops in an alternate universe, the police target superheroes. Thereupon, our masked superheroes are declared criminals in the eyes of the police. The path and choices that the heroes will take, who are faced with various conspiracies in a mysterious murder case, are of great importance. Watchmen is based on Alan Moore’s 1986 graphic novel.
17) The Witcher (2019) | IMDb: 8.2
- Duration: Average 60 minutes – 1 season, 8 episodes
- Cast: Henry Cavill, Anna Shaffer, Freya Allan
The series, which was released in 2019, tells about a conflict between races. The war between the dwarves and the elves ends in the community that has lived together for more than a century. Thereupon, a conflict begins between different races. The series takes place in the world of hunters who can defeat monsters and have extraordinary abilities. While the hunter named ‘Geralt of Rivia’ is trying to figure out his own place in the world, he is waiting for a child to be born who will change the balance of the universe…
18) 11.22.63 (2016) | IMDb: 8.2
- Duration: Average 44 minutes – 1 season, 8 episodes
- Cast: James Franco, Sarah Gadon, George MacKay
Inspired by Stephen King’s book, the series is about a time travel story. Jake Epping, an ordinary high school teacher, realizes that there is a time portal in the warehouse at the restaurant he goes to. Discovering this gateway between times, Jake can go to the past whenever he wants.
He tries to go back in time and prevent the 1963 assassination of John F. Kennedy. Of course, time travel also has various consequences. Jake Epping’s life also changes some possibilities today due to the events he has lived between times. Even the love of Jake’s life!
19) Farscape (1999) | IMDb: 8.2
- Duration: Average 50 minutes – 4 seasons 88 episodes
- Cast: Ben Browder, Claudia Black, Anthony Simcoe
Astronaut John Crichton makes theories and conducts various experiments with the space shuttle. Again, he discovers thousands of galaxies during a theory application. After acquiring this knowledge, a space war is inevitable. Although Farscape is an old production, it is still a series that is frequently mentioned among the science fiction series.
20) Orphan Black (2013) | IMDb: 8.3
- Duration: Average 45 minutes – 5 seasons 50 episodes
- Cast: Tatiana Maslany, Dylan Bruce, Jordan Gavaris
Sarah Manning, who has left her life behind and doesn’t know if she has a life yet, is someone who has been involved in dirty work in her past. We can say that he is learning about the dark spots about his past. At the subway station, Sarah notices a woman preparing to jump off the train tracks. He gets the opportunity to look at the stranger seconds before his death.
Our character, who realizes that the stranger he met before committing suicide looks exactly like himself, steals the bag of his twin Beth Childs with a sudden decision. Taking this path to leave her current life behind, Sarah finds herself in Beth’s place, unaware of her other doppelgangers.
21) Sense8 (2015) | IMDb: 8.3
- Duration: Average 55 minutes – 2 seasons and 24 episodes
- Cast: Bae Doona, Jamie Clayton, Tina Desai
With Sense8 , we witness the experiences of 8 people in different geographies, unaware of each other, who continue their routine lives. Eight different characters, unaware of their powers, each other and what they can do, discover the interesting bond between them. In the series, in which incredible powers fly in the air between 8 people, there are wells one after the other, and those who support each other…
22) Person of Interest (2011) | IMDb: 8.4
- Duration: Average 45 minutes – 5 seasons, 100 episodes
- Cast: Jim Caviezel, Taraji P. Henson, Kevin Chapman
Harold Finch, who is very smart, invents a machine to prevent events that disturb the peace of society, terrorism and all imaginable dirty crimes from a young age. This machine, which looks very useful from a technological point of view, can detect a suspicious event or people outside.
Although Harold has taken the first step to create the machine and prevent all these crimes, he needs other people by his side. At this point, Harold’s path crosses with John Reese, a former agent.
23) Fringe (2008) | IMDb: 8.4
- Duration: Average 50 minutes – 5 seasons, 100 episodes
- Cast: Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, John Noble
FBI agent Olivia Dunham is assigned to the spot where the crew and passengers of Flight 627 from Hamburg are found dead. Investigating the cause of the mysterious event, Olivia Dunham focuses on this interesting unexplained event. At a point where research becomes difficult to get out of, Olivia is chosen to investigate mysterious events that have no scientific answer.
Olivia’s path crosses with scientist Walter Bishop, who has been in a mental institution for 17 years. Olivia Dunham and Walter Bishop, who has a very advanced intelligence, realize that their lives stop at an interesting point with the facts they will learn beyond the plane crash…
24) The Prisoner (1967) | IMDb: 8.5
- Duration: Average 50 minutes – 1 season, 17 episodes
- Cast: Patrick McGohaan, Angelo Muscat, Peter Swanwick
Our main character, who is a secret agent, is taken to a kind of prison called ‘village’. The main character, who does not remember any point about his past, is looking for ways to escape from the open prison he is in. While searching for an escape route, he meets people who share the same fate as him.
25) Westworld (2016) | IMDb: 8.6
- Duration: Average 60 minutes – 3 seasons 28 episodes
- Cast: Evan Rachel Wood, Jeffrey Wright, Ed Harris
In Westworld, there are robots designed for rich people to spend time and do whatever they want. At the same time, an amusement park is being created where they can make their fantasies with entertainment materials. Apart from the purpose of having fun with robots, the aforementioned rich people also have dirty thoughts over time.
The idea that robots are vulnerable ‘objects’ consisting of only a few parts is the general idea of the series. Rich individuals begin to commit various acts such as rape, murder, robberies by reflecting their innocent inner worlds to robots. However, there are some differences in the artificial intelligence of robots.
26) The X-Files (1993) | IMDb: 8.6
- Duration: Average 45 minutes – 9 seasons 218 episodes
- Cast: David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, Mitch Pileggi
You will witness the adventures of two FBI agents. Two FBI agents with disparate personalities investigate unexplained events. Each section presents a different hidden file. The X-Files series, which has been going on for years, also has movies that you can watch between seasons. X-Files, which has its name written in golden letters among science fiction series, also tries to clarify many paranormal events that have remained unanswered in the USA.
27) The Boys (2019) | IMDb: 8.7
- Duration: Average 60 minutes – 2 seasons, 16 episodes
- Cast: Karl Urban, Jack Quaid, Antony Starr
We’re not used to seeing ‘evil’ versions of superheroes. But in this show, the superheroes use their powers for completely wrong and bad situations. The Boys reveal with all its nakedness how dangerous power is and that individuals with such high power will normally degenerate.
28) Stranger Things (2016) | IMDb: 8.7
- Duration: Average 50 minutes – 3 seasons 25 episodes
- Cast: Millie Bobby Brown, Finn Wolfhard, Winona Ryder
Based on the 80s, Stranger Things attracted great attention with its stage and clothes. Set in a town, the series begins with the disappearance of one of four friends. The show reveals supernatural situations as a disappearing child says another new arrival. The events that take place in a town with extraordinary creatures take the form of a science fiction fair when parallel universes are involved.
29) Dark (2017) | IMDb: 8.8
- Duration: Average 52 minutes – 3 seasons 26 episodes
- Cast: Louis Hofmann, Karoline Eichhorn, Lisa Vicari
Investigations continue into the mysterious disappearance of children in the German town of Winden. While there is an unsettling tension in the town, Jonas, who left town after his father’s suicide, returns to the town of Winden. Going through a very difficult period, Jonas tries to find meaning in his life and his father’s death.
While Jonas tries to overcome the difficulties in his life, Mikkel, who is both the son of the police officer and Jonas’ friend, is added to the list of missing children. From this point on, Jonas’ life, which does not go well, will begin to change even more… Dark is one of the best productions of the last period among science fiction series.
30) Black Mirror (2011) | IMDb: 8.8
- Duration: Average 60 minutes– 5 seasons, 22 episodes
- Cast: Daniel Lapaine, Hannah John-Kamen, Michaela Coel
We can say that no one has heard of the Black Mirror series anymore. But if you haven’t watched it yet, we can say that it is a science fiction series worth watching. After watching it, your perspective towards the world will change. In the series, which is about different stories in each episode, the technology of the future is mostly mentioned.
The endless possible damages that future technology will cause to social life have been carefully selected. Although the episodes are based on technology as a common feature, the viewers have the right to choose because each episode deals with a different subject. The finals at the end of the episodes may be what you never expected…
After our list of science fiction series, you can also take a look at these contents:
Best TV Shows with a Detective Theme
This post is also available in: Türkçe Français Español Deutsch
Yorumlar (0) Add Comment