Egg has a fixed place as the main element of the breakfast table, as an indispensable part of it. With more than one cooking option, it always finds its place on these tables; omelet, eye or soft-boiled. Soft-boiled eggs can put people in a bit of a difficult situation from time to time. While one day it can achieve a magnificent consistency, the next day it may result in disappointment.
The consistency of a soft-boiled egg is what makes it special. While the liquid form is not preferred, it is very difficult to achieve the consistency of apricot. It is easiest to make a solid consistency. The most important factor for soft-boiled eggs is the cooking time. The consistency of the egg changes according to the waiting time in boiling water.
Tips for Cooking Soft-boiled Eggs
- The most important trick is to cook on medium heat. In low or high fire, the expected result will always be one step away.
- Wait for the eggs to come to room temperature.
- Add a pinch of salt to the water to be used in the boiling process. This helps the water boil quickly. And it ensures proper peeling of the egg shells.
- Take advantage of your phone’s stopwatch/counter features.
- Make sure the egg is fresh. You will achieve the best results by using fresh eggs.
How to Cook Soft-boiled Eggs?
- Put as many eggs as you want to cook in a bowl (pot or coffee pot).
- Fill this container with water at room temperature, one or two inches above the eggs.
- Throw a pinch of salt into the water.
- Set the stove to medium heat.
- After the water begins to boil, allow time for desired consistency. (1- 1.5 minutes liquid consistency, 2 minutes apricot consistency, 4 minutes and more solid consistency.)
- With the help of a tablespoon, remove your eggs from the bowl.
- If you prefer hard eggs, place them in a bowl of cold water for easier peeling.
How to Tell the Freshness of Eggs?
- Fill a container with warm or room temperature water.
- Drop your egg into this water-filled bowl, not too high (We don’t want your egg to break).
- If your egg is in an upright position; started to stale.
- If in horizontal position; it is quite fresh.
- If you see the egg floating on the water; Your egg is defective. Do not consume.
One medium egg is about 70 calories. Do not consume more than two.