Marie Curie is the only woman to have received a Nobel Prize for her work in the Victorian era, when academic opportunities for women were very limited, and the only woman to win 2 Nobel Prizes in history.
Nobel Prize in Physics for his work on radioactivity; He was also awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry for his discovery of polonium and radium with his wife, Pierre Curie, a great scientist.
After his wife’s death, he conducted research that led to the further development of X-rays and the establishment of the field of radiation therapy for cancer.
Marie Curie continues to be a role model and inspiration for women in the scientific field. Here are 10 inspirational quotes from this successful scientist:
1) “Nothing in life is to be feared, everything is to be understood. Now is the time to understand more so we can fear less.”
2) “Be less curious about people and more curious about ideas.”
3) “First of all, we must be determined and have confidence in ourselves. We have to believe that we are all proficient at something and we have to find it.”
4) “You cannot expect to build a better world without improving individuals. To this end, each of us must work for our own development.”
5) “I also think like Nobel: Humanity will derive more good than bad from new discoveries.”
6) “Panic is fear rampant, and fear always does more harm than what is feared.”
7) “Some never realize what has been done, others only see what needs to be done.”
8) “First rule: never let someone get eaten by people or events.”
9) “We should not believe that all scientific progress can be reduced to mechanisms, machines, gearboxes, however beautiful they may be. I don’t believe the spirit of adventure runs the risk of disappearing in our world.”
10) “I learned that the development process is neither fast nor easy.”
This post is also available in: